For many businesses, working from home has become the new norm and for the foreseeable future, it looks like it’s here to stay. We share some advice on how to improve employee motivation whilst working from home.
Being self-employed can be annoying having to buy your lunch everyday. This article explains how you can claim back some money on your lunch.
Want to make your business more profitable? Then it’s time to become more efficient. We explain the top ways to increase profit through efficiency.
What’s the difference between company cars and fleet vehicles? Find out here! We explain how this works whilst working from home too.
Despite Coronavirus lockdown measures being cautiously eased throughout the UK, there are still huge challenges for businesses to face as we negotiate the choppy waters of the pandemic and the subsequent economic headwinds it has caused.
In conjunction with our partners and collagues from The Entrepreneurs’ Club, Devonshire Green has a fantastic FREE webinar to offer clients, which covers ‘Surviving Lockdown’ with the ’90-day business plan’. We also have a fellow business owner who shares their experience of the lockdown so far.
As your business develops and grows, it is worth considering the different types of personal and business insurance that can give you peace of mind that should anything untoward happen, then you and your business are protected.
Here is a whistle-stop tour of the kinds of protections available for you and your business:
We have broken this down into three broad categories:
• Personal protection insurance
• Business protection
• Small & Medium Sized Enterprises (SME) protection
There have been significant changes to small business VAT in recent months that your small business might have missed. Some have been brought out by the Government’s coronavirus response, while others were part of continued efforts to tweak the VAT system. In this guide, we’ll go over the crucial small business VAT changes and schemes you need to know about, including:
• Permanent VAT reduction for the supplies of e-publications
• Temporary VAT reduction for personal protective equipment
• Cash accounting schemes and reduced rates
• Deferrals of VAT payments closing
• Getting help with your small business VAT
Small business survival in a post-COVID-19 world will depend on reinventing your business. As shops are hit with restrictions and people’s shopping habits are undoubtedly changing, you need to be clever in how you attract and serve customers. In this post, we’ll look at the ways you can reinvent your business, including how to:
• Provide customers with the option to shop online
• Introduce creative queuing solutions
• Collaborate with other small businesses
• Understand the financial impact of the coronavirus
• Get help with your small business survival strategy
The Government has introduced a range of measures to combat the financial difficulties businesses are facing due to the coronavirus pandemic. Among these is the introduction of a flexible furloughing scheme. Here’s a look at the scheme and things like:
• What are the major changes to CJRS?
• How will employees be paid on the flexible furloughing scheme?
• Will employers require employee consent for flexible furloughing?
• Can you furlough any employee on the flexible scheme?
• How to find more information and help